warts on lips or inside vigina

Discuss the various treatment options with others. Find the option thats best for you.

Moderator: moldy

warts on lips or inside vigina

Postby sad and depressed » Thu Nov 16, 2006 8:36 pm

i had a coloscopy done past friday and when they use the vinegar they took samples of infected area inside my vigina. so does it mean i have warts inside? what if my warts are not on the outside? does it mean that my body supppressed it? im not too clear of what the vinegar they put in me does. can anyone explain?
sad and depressed

Postby bflwc » Thu Nov 16, 2006 8:41 pm

You should check out this link:

http://www.arhp.org/healthcareproviders ... .cfm?ID=95

Also read the FAQs. They answer a lot of questions.

You had a colposcopy. If they took a biopsy, you probably had abnormal cells on your cervix. The vinegar solution highlights abnormal cells on the cervix. Your body has not suppressed anything if they took samples.
bflwc
Super H-ero!
Super H-ero!

Postby michelley » Fri Nov 17, 2006 3:46 pm

i am confused, did they use vinegar on the vaginal walls or your cervix (the very end of the vagina a.k.a. opening of the uterus) ? did they tell you they were looking at warts, or abnormal cells?

vinegar is an old method of diagnosing hpv... it turns warts and other abnormal cells white which lets the dr know these are different from your healthy skin cells.

i'm asking the first question because normally they only take biopsies of warts if they are discolored. but if they didn't even mention internal warts then it's probably exactly just what bflwc said.
michelley
H-ero!
H-ero!

Return to Treatment Options