Drinking Virgin Coconut Oil Should Help

Discuss the various treatment options with others. Find the option thats best for you.

Moderator: moldy

Drinking Virgin Coconut Oil Should Help

Postby dazedandconfused » Tue Sep 04, 2007 5:45 am

Hi just wanna share something with you.

I have been wart-free for months and yet I never stopped treating myself now, for months I have been using VCO and Virgin Coconut Oil to put on my entire genitalia sounds weird I know but I am really paranoid and wanted to be really wart free for good. I have been reading about VCO these past few days and found out that it has a content called lauric acid which boosts up the immune system and fights against viruses when being ingested so for a month now I have been ingesting VCO, 1 to 2 tbsp per day. It tastes a bit funny but what the heck anything to keep me healthy, Ill do it in a heartbeat :-) and I also take 500mg vitamin C everyday.
dazedandconfused
H-elper
H-elper

Postby shoshanna » Mon Sep 24, 2007 12:11 pm

you can get a concentrated form of virging coconut called wartisol
hpv sufferer for 2 years.
shoshanna
H-elper
H-elper

Postby suchadrag » Mon Sep 24, 2007 11:20 pm

http://www.health.harvard.edu/healthbea ... 6.htm#art3

I did some searches through Google Scholar as well and didn't find anything compelling about it, when taken orally or topically.

In spite of the flags, I think the wikipedia article is pretty well-referenced in the Health section. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coconut_oil

The only claim made there for it as a topical treatment, with a (needs citation) flag, is that it helps a genetic skin condition as a moisturizer. Sure, I'd rather use it than petroleum jelly.

I got interested because I've been cooking with virgin coconut oil for a while, for just about anything that needs to be heated higher than olive oil's smoking point and won't be ruined by the taste. Since I use it rarely, haven't had red meat or poultry in ten years, and don't eat a lot of buttery/cheesy foods, I'm not concerned about the saturated fat content. I'm skeptical about significant health benefits though, regardless of what Dr. Mercola says as he's trying to sell it to you.
suchadrag
H-ercules Poster
H-ercules Poster

Return to Treatment Options