oral HPV

Tell the community your story. How has HPV affected your life?

Moderator: moldy

oral HPV

Postby starshine » Tue Nov 28, 2006 9:09 pm

Oh my god, I was seriously about to take all the panadeine forte I have after all the shit I've been through with this horrible horrible virus. I have just had surgery to get rid of what my gynaecologist said was the worst case of genital warts he had seen in 20 years :( Anyway it hasn't even been a week yet and they're already coming back. Like lots of them.

I hit rock bottom yesterday with all of this, and today just started to pull myself together. Anyway I completely freaked myself out a minute ago, looking in my mouth and finding what I was sure were warts in my mouth.

Anyway I thought I'd post this picture so if anyone goes crazy thinking they've found warts at the back of their tongue... this can probably ease your nerves...

So really if you freak out like I did and think those bitter taste buds are warts, be assured they're not! :D woo hoo!!

Knowing I don't have it in my mouth has made me feel so much more positive about getting through this horrible time. I think it's going to take months, possibly longer, but I'm going to get rid of it! :)
starshine
Super H-elper
Super H-elper

Postby distaster123 » Tue Nov 28, 2006 9:53 pm

wow your doctor really said thats the worst case he has seen in many years? Just how many did you have? And dont feel so bad! When I went to go get mine removed the doctor told me "man I am glad you came early because this is taking longer than I expected" lol yeah that didn't make me feel so good either. Do you have something else that is effecting your immune system? Just curious because maybe that is why yours got a bit out of hand?
distaster123
H-elper
H-elper

my problem

Postby starshine » Tue Nov 28, 2006 11:37 pm

Yeh I feel so ashamed. He said to me there were millions. Although I think they were all on top of each other. As compared to the pictures on the internet, I was no where near as bad as them, but it wasn't just like 3 or 4 dots. I think there were lots of really little ones everywhere. Plus I had them internally and externally. But it didn't restrict sex or anything like that. So I don't know. It has been so horrible.

I don't know about my immune system. When I got them I was the healthiest I have ever been. Going to the gym all the time, I was eating really well, I was so fit. Everything in my life was great. I was even wondering why everything was so good and easy. Then I found out about this and I just stopped everything. I couldn't bring myself to go to the gym, I just went out of my mind. Plus there was a period of a week where the guy I'm seeing ended it with me and that put my whole body into a negative spin so I hardly ate or did anything. We got back together and I started to feel better.

I'm trying so hard to think positively. But it's driving me crazy. I don't understand how it could get as bad as it was. It was only over a period of 5 weeks that it went from 4 warts to what he said was millions. He said it took him 40 minutes to burn them all off. :(

i have been taking vitamins and trying so hard to get my life back in order. But I'm struggling. I try and find support here but it seems like there are hardly any people who have even had to go through the burning surgery. This has been the most painful experience of my whole life. Emotionally and physically. :(
starshine
Super H-elper
Super H-elper

Postby mc75 » Wed Nov 29, 2006 5:34 pm

Trust me Starshine. I am going through it as well. I had surgery last week for internal and exteral anal warts. That was my third treatment for excising these bastards! Plus, like you, I eat well, jog 4 times a week and do weight lifting. I actually froze my gym membership lately because i might be wearing my body down and not giving it a fighting chance. Anyway, my I will not be surprised if these things come back on my next visit. I am currently taking Centrum, Vitamin C, echinacea, and folic acid. I am trying to get enough rest as possible. I hope it works and I am not letting the idea that if they spring up again bother me. Just need to get through this hump!
mc75
Super H-elper
Super H-elper

Return to Personal Experiences - Let it all out!